Article I Foundation
In response to Allah's call, "There is a Masjid whose foundation was laid from the first day on piety; it is more worthy of thy standing forth (for prayer)" 9:108
"The Masjid of Allah shall be visited and maintained by such as believe in Allah and the Last Day" 9:18
This Center is established in such a way that the Qur'an and Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the source of its Constitution and regulations; and after that it is based on what was agreed upon by the companions of prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and the good predecessors of this nation (Ummah) among the followers of the Sunnah.
The foundation on which this Center was established is not changeable.
This Center should never be used in any way that will affect its status as a tax-exempt institution.
The Center is owned by the North American Islamic Trust (NAIT).
Article II Aims and Purposes
Performing the worship services.
Informing people about Islam (its beliefs, theories, and practices) and raise them on that.
Cooperation with other Islamic centers and associations to achieve common objectives.
Article III The visitor of the Center must be committed to the following
The Islamic values, teaching, and morals.
This Constitution and the Center's regulations.
Article IV The Executive Committee
The Executive Committee must consists of:
- The President (Amir)
- The Financial Secretary
- The Cultural Coordinator
- Two other Coordinators
The Executive Committee members shall be elected as follows:
- The former Executive Committee assign somebody to conduct the election
- Election right is to the brothers who come frequently to the Center
- The frequent comers of the Center elect the Executive Committee members
- The Executive Committee in its first meeting chooses the President and distributes the other responsibilities on the condition that the President must be staying in Logan for at least one school year
Condition for the Executive Committee membership:
- Commitment to the Islamic principles, for himself and his family
- Being frequent comer to the Center
- Having a good conduct and being amiable among the Muslim brothers
- Willingness to work for the sake of Allah
The Executive Committee shall be elected for one year starting from the second half of October.
A former Executive Committee member may be re-elected.
Vacancies in the Executive Committee shall be filled by people who are assigned by the Executive Committee, provided that these vacancies do not exceed two; if they do, they filled through election.
Article V The Executive Committee Functions
The Executive Committee reserves the right to make decisions and organize programs and activities in the Center, and establish and amend the internal rules and policies to guarantee work progress, provided that these internal rules and policies do not contradict this Constitution.
The Executive Committee has the right to form sub-committees.
The internal rules are referred to, to know the subcommittees' objectives and responsibilities.
Article VI Funding
The Center accept financial and material donations as long as they are not conditional and do not contradict the Center's aims and purposes.
Article VII Dismissal
Any Executive Committee member may be dismissed by a majority vote of three-fourth of the remaining members if he violates the duties of his position or any of this Constitution articles.
Article VIII Amendment
Amendment to this Constitution can be done in the following cases:
- If it appeared that any of its articles contradicts Islam
- If there is a reason which necessitates addition of a new section. Amendment is done according to the following:
- An amendment or addition should not contradict the foundation of this Constitution as in Article 1
- The proposed amendment shall be submitted in writing and supported by evidence(s) from Islamic Law (Sharia) to the Executive Committee which will study it and presents it back with its opinion to the brothers who are frequently coming to the Center. Approval of NAIT shall be necessary for adaption of any amendment
- For the permissible matters, the amendment requires the approval of two-thirds of the frequent comers
This Logan Islamic Center Constitution is effective from December 1, 2016 until determine invalid by the Executive Committee through proper investigation. This decision is based on:
|Data Sources / References|
|21/PRED/LIC/XI/2016 – The Investigation Results of Logan Islamic Center Constitution|
|23/PRED/LIC/XII/2016 - Wording Selections and Formatting Revisions for the Logan Islamic Center Constitution|
|7/PRED/LIC/X/2016 - Islamic Terminologies Policy|
*) The data sources/references are open for everyone upon request via email.